Thursday 4 August 2016

Burlesque / Toulouse Lautrec Posters / Vague Ramblings


I have been reading the book 'Pin Up Grrrls' which mentioned a lot about the Moulin Rouge and the origins of Burlesque or 'Leg Shows'. Which got me thinking about the posters by Toulouse Lautrec - in regards to a practical side of the project.

I think that exploring Burlesque as a research project into female sexuality could have many different outcomes and things to explore. I have a few friends in the burlesque community who I could interview, or perhaps even get involved in something. I think there are a lot of varying opinions on Burlesque and stripping in regards to female sexuality and the male gaze. It brings to mind the quote "As long as I am an erotic subject, I am not averse to being an erotic object" - Joanna Frueh

No comments:

Post a Comment