Saturday 17 December 2016

PRODUCTS AND PROPOSALS


I will be creating some series' of images taken from 'lads magazines', and digitally altered so the images are just plain weird. I plan to start them off normal and have them weirder as they go along. They could just be a standalone piece or could be slipped inside an actual magazine, so it has some real life protest/intervention value.

I may also do a couple of larger prints of advert pages, where the text will be altered so it just says stupid things that are not sexual at all.


THINGS I WANT TO PROPOSE 

I kind of had this thought last minute as I know this project just has to respond, and technically doesn't really have to be strictly illustration, but I would like to have an illustrative element to my work.

I want to create a few pin up style drawings, using already existing pin ups as a basis.

I would also like to alter a few classical paintings in the same way I am altering the photographs (painting small extra bits and adding them in)

I want to propose an exhibition of perhaps three different 'interactive' scenes, a lords private room where a classical painting would be kept, a teenage boys bedroom with a magazine on the bed and posters on the wall, and a vintage mechanics with pin up posters / a calendar.

I feel as if this proposal is more exciting, and this way I can include a bit more of my own illustrative practice rather than just digitally altered weirdness. And it links the different elements of things I have researched throughout this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment