Monday 10 October 2016

Questions Questions Questions

I struggled to think of questions that could be a research question. There were lots of different things I wanted to explore but putting my thoughts into the words was not my forte. I decided it would be best just to write everything down and I can sort out my ideas into something more solid later on.

How can female nudity be used to subvert the male gaze?

How can performance art subvert engrained gender roles/ideals?

How can performance art be used to change ideals for females in a modern society? /subvert modern beauty ideals?

Can something overtly feminine / sexual & female be used to subvert the male gaze?

Why are people so offended by the female body?

How does art portraying sexuality from a female perspective challenge the male gaze?

How can sexual agency so well communicated through performance art be translated into illustration?

Why is female sexuality so frowned upon in society? But also desired? What is this double standard?

Is there anything the male gaze can’t fuck up?

How is art showing the explicit body of women received differently depending on whether the artist is male or female? Does the intent of the author get lost?


How does feminist art appropriate media originally created for the pleasure of a male audience to subvert the gaze?

No comments:

Post a Comment