Wednesday 11 January 2017

PIN UP CONCEPTS // FINISHED NOT QUITE FINISHED




I really wanted to do something a bit more traditional, and figured I had enough time to whip up a couple of these for my exhibition proposal. 

I have used the same themes that run throughout my work, linking the theme of my dissertation - appropriating media for male consumption, in this case the pin up, and subverting it, via the weird additions such as eyes in different places, the vagina dentata, and the disappearing woman. 

Although this is not technically my best work, I really wanted to have something more in my personal style for this project, as I believe the magazine responded and worked well with the research project and had my weird tone of voice but I feel wasn't all me! I think If I'd made a fully illustrated version it might have suited me more? I still like what I've produced, I think its a good parody of lad culture! But I believe this is also appropriate to the project as it shows a different era of male-orientated media. 

I tried to add textures to sort of mimic the pin up drawing style, but I'd definitely consider these more concepts than finished outcomes to anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment