Friday 11 November 2016

Case Studies

I've been kind of struggling with what to use as my case study options, as I feel like there's so much and I'm not sure how similar all three should be.

In my tutorial with Richard I clarified that I would use Burlesque as one of my case studies, which is exciting as I kind of thought I wouldn't be able to use it as a case study. I need to do more research on this as I would like to find a particular practitioner to focus in on. I have a few friends in the burlesque scene so I may be able to use them or they could put me in contact with an appropriate performer.

The issuu document shows the other artists that I have been looking at including some modern work as I keep wondering about how sexual agency can be communicated through illustration, as it's more complex than through performance or photography where the artist is the subject.

I feel as if I can touch on a few of the pieces I've been looking at without going into too much depth on them, and then really going to town on a particular piece or practitioner.

No comments:

Post a Comment