Saturday 2 April 2016

Audience Participation


I want my practical work to base around creating the "ideal woman", as representations of women in classical nude paintings and in the modern media are an ideal form of a woman rather than a realistic human. I got lots of people to draw me their ideal woman, I did it to see what the general public find desirable in a woman - perhaps there would be images I could use to influence my work. 

Not sure I found out much as everyone's "ideal woman" is different, we are clearly a diverse college. I did find out that people enjoyed drawing the pictures and the interactive element. I definitely want to have some kind of interactive element, one of my original ideas was an activity book and I also have the idea of a flip-section-outfit book. (what is the technical term for these, example below)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment