Tuesday 26 April 2016

Pattern!

NOTE: THIS ISSUU POST HAS BEEN MARKED POTENTIALLY NSFW DUE TO THE NUDITY IN IT. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW IT IF YOUR ISSUU ACCOUNT IS SET TO NOT SHOW NSFW POSTS. 

I wasn't really sure what to do for the front cover so I thought I would make a nice (utterly horrifying) pattern out of all the body parts. I learned a lot about making repeating patterns from responsive and it's come in so handy because I absolutely love this awful pattern. I just think it's so unsettling, and fun!

I think it really gives the impression of what I'm going for. It implies the cut and pasting and making a frankenstein's monster of a woman out of all these parts!

I decided to name my book "Your own Personal Venus" based on the song "Personal Jesus" as it fit to the tune (haha) and also I think linked to my theme. The viewer would make THEIR personal ideal woman from these parts, and a lot of classical paintings depict Venus thus - Your own Personal Venus. 

Molly suggested I put the pattern on all the blank pages too, half my pages had to be blank so when cutting out pieces it didn't cut into anything that would be on the back. I did this because it made the book more interesting to look at, as there wasn't as much blank space and it also meant the paper doll made from this would have a cool pattern on the back instead of just being blank. 

I got it printed in the digital print room so I could have the book on nice stock (200gsm, and matte so it's quite sturdy paper) but I'm apprehensive about folding it because I'm bad at folding!

No comments:

Post a Comment