Sunday 24 April 2016

Figure Studies

NOTE: THIS ISSUU POST HAS BEEN MARKED POTENTIALLY NSFW DUE TO THE NUDITY IN IT. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW IT IF YOUR ISSUU ACCOUNT IS SET TO NOT SHOW NSFW POSTS. 

So that I could draw a few different shapes of body part, and test out some media I did some quick nude figure studies from references found online.

This was pretty fun as I was able to cut loose and do what I really like doing - painting naked ladies. I tested out ink and watercolour as I had an idea in my head of the kind of texture I wanted for the fleshy bits, both worked really well. I especially enjoy the colours in my watercolour tests - however for my final ones the imagery will be black and white to allow the viewer to paint their own skin tone onto the body. Also it would be pretty problematic making all the parts white person colour. I do still want to give a little but of texture to it though, and I think a light wash of watercolour would achieve this.

I think I've got a better grasp on bodies again, once you draw stylised bodies for ages you tend to forget what a real one looks like so it was good to revisit a real reference rather than trying to work from just my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment