Monday 25 April 2016

Creating the pages!

NOTE: THIS ISSUU POST HAS BEEN MARKED POTENTIALLY NSFW DUE TO THE NUDITY IN IT. YOU MAY NOT BE ABLE TO VIEW IT IF YOUR ISSUU ACCOUNT IS SET TO NOT SHOW NSFW POSTS.

I liked the watercolour texture so I did a few pages of light wash and drew the body parts over the top. I found drawing the arms and legs most challenging as I had to split them up into different sections which makes them just look like sausages of flesh rather than a recognisable limb. However once I arranged them all onto the pages everything started to come together. 

Though I do think they all look best flesh coloured I wanted to keep the aspect of choice for the viewer, so made the images black and white so they retained the texture and were also light enough to be painted over. I think the texture looks really good though, exactly how I wanted it to!

(not pictured) I wrote up an instruction page so the viewer would know what to do with the book - obviously. I would have really liked to have put some dotted lines around the pieces to make it clear they're meant to be cut out but given the spacing of a lot of stuff it just wasn't possible without either taking some things out or adding more pages (which I could not). To the body parts I added some circles to act as a guide on where to insert split pins to hold the body together. 



No comments:

Post a Comment