Sunday 24 April 2016

Post Crit Madness

Oh boy, if anything the recent crit has shown me how little work I've done and how much I've got to do in a week, so I am going to try and get myself in gear.


My publication will be an activity book where the viewer can make a paper doll of an ideal woman from a range of body parts that can be cut out of the book.

I had a little play with making a mockup paper doll, which gave me an idea of how the body parts should be sectioned up. I wanted to make it so both the breasts and the butt are shown on the doll - because this is a prominent feature in the sexualisation of women in the modern day.

As I wanted this to be a cut out book I had a little play with a rotary cutter thing, seeing if perforating around the shapes would make them able to pop out, this sort of worked with a rectangle but I think it took a bit of wiggling to pop it out and that might damage the pieces so it's probably a good idea for it to be set up so the viewer cuts out their own pieces.

It seems like a lot of people think my idea is good and that my research is looking good. Though I distinctly feel like it's not, as I have barely done any development with media and everything's really rough. Over the next week I'm really going to have to do something about that. I have started drawing up final components for my book, I'm finding it a bit of a challenge drawing all the body parts seperately because I have to think how they connect to other body parts, without drawing those other parts.

Also as Jennifer Aniston was voted most beautiful woman, I decided to base one of the faces off her.

One point of feedback was to include a few different / smaller breast and nipple sizes as in my preliminary sketches for the body parts I had unintentionally drawn a lot of larger breasts, as I tend to draw curves better.  I think I will get some online references and do some quick figure studies to help me get used to drawing different body types before I make the final pieces for the publication.


No comments:

Post a Comment